Saic College of Medical Science & Technology
Radiology & Imaging
Radiology is a medical specialty that uses medical imaging to diagnose and treat diseases within the human body.
A variety of imaging techniques such as X-ray radiography, ultrasound, computed tomography (CT), nuclear medicine including positron emission tomography (PET), and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) are used to diagnose or treat diseases. Interventional radiology is the performance of usually minimally invasive medical procedures with the guidance of imaging technologies such as X-ray radiography, ultrasound, computed tomography (CT), nuclear medicine including positron emission tomography (PET), and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
Aims of this Course
- To develop highly skilled manpower in radiological technology with proper medical science background so that they can understand the purpose and theoretical basis of radi logical procedures, perform routine and specialized radiological examination by using modern equipment, operate and maintain radiological equipment and follow trends and approaches in radiological research.
- To develop the standard of education and ensure the quality of radiology and imaging technology education and also radiological practices.
- To help meet the requirements of a large number of radiological technology experts in the government, non-government hospitals and diagnostic centers in-country and all over the world.
- To control radiation hazard and ensure radiation safety by using proper knowledge for the patient, technologist and environment.
1. X-ray Machine -1
2. Computer Radiography-1
3. OPG & Mammography
4. USG Machine-4
5. CT Scan MRI
Job Opportunities (Government)
The graduated medical technology (Radiology) students who are passing out will be employed in 36 Medical College, 36 Medical College hospital, 19 specialized Institute and Hospital and 8 IHT and 59 District or General Hospital under Bangladesh Government. The Health ministry is working hard in order to create 1641 vacancy. Job opportunity will be created if those vacancy starts oﬀ:
- Principal Medical Scientiﬁc Oﬃcer (Lab/Dental/Radiology)
- Medical Scientiﬁc Oﬃcer (Lab/Dental/Radiology)
- Professor (Lab/Dental/Radiology)
- Associate Professor (Lab/Dental/Radiology)
- Assistant Professor (Lab/Dental/Radiology)
- Lecturer (Lab/Dental/Radiology)
B.Sc. Radiology & Imaging Technology Employment Areas:
* Private Hospitals
* Diagnostic Labs/Centers
* Doctors Chambers
* Medical Equipment & Device Companies
* Technical Institute & Universities as teaching staﬀs
* Research Center
- MSc in Medical Physics
Upcoming Programs in -
MS in Radiology & Imaging Technology